Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Quilt Day

My bestie and I have been quilting together for, well, more years than I want to admit.  In recent years we have jointly come up with a quilting goal for the coming year.  Our quilting New Year's Resolution of sorts.  After careful thought, we decided this year needs to be about completing some of those UFO's we have in our stashes and just having dedicated quilt time together.  We now have one glorious day a month to quilt! 

Last month my bestie's sister moved here from Texas and has joined in the fun.  This past weekend I hosted them at my house for a day of fabric, chit chat, snacks, a tour of my house and stories of every quilt in it.

Look at this stunning baby quilt my bestie is working on!  It has a wonderful modern feel with these fabrics and design.  That's one lucky baby!


Her sissy is working on this beautiful wall hanging for her house.  This is only the second quilt she has ever machine quilted herself and is doing a fabulous job!


I started quilting this star quilt for a good friend of mine who graciously does our taxes every single year and never asks for a penny in return.  I think she needs a lovely thank you gift.


Of course "Thing 2" wanted to join in the fun.  His "puppy" needs his own quilt, right?  This has to be the cutest sewing machine I've ever seen!  It's an old Singer hand crank that was my mom's when she was a little girl and is one of my favorite things...ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment