Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Darth Vader Speeder

The Pinewood Derby is always one of the major highlights of the year for a Cub Scout.  “Thing 2”’s experience was certainly this.  A small block of wood is no challenge to my hubby and his power tools.  He cut, carved, dremled and sanded until he had whittled a car.  Although there was disappointment with it’s overall performance on the race track, “thing 2” took home Best In Show!


All the scouts had fun cheering on their own cars and those of their friends.  I took a turn running the sensors for the races.  Just let me say, electronic sensors are the way to go!  Too many races were way too close for these eyes to call.  I would have had parents yelling at me for sure.



The older boy scout brothers that were on hand all pitched in and helped run the cars to and fro and launched each race.  I believe they had just as much fun as the younger boys, although “thing 1” wants to build his own car next year and race it after the official races.  Didn’t he already have his turn with Pinewood derby’s?  I believe he did.

No comments:

Post a Comment