Saturday, April 21, 2012

New Garden Boxes

Our little yard is quite a challenge.  It has been since day one when we bought this house 16 years ago.  Back then, the yard was very sloped and had huge trees covering everything.  Thru the years we have removed the trees, built retaining walls, a large deck, re-leveled the yard and built more retaining walls. 

Last spring hubby built a few raised beds for me to try my hand at vegetables but they weren't in a spot that received enough sun.  Needless to say, not much grew last year.


This past weekend hubby moved the boxes, made them deeper and added a little spot for my potato planters along the back fence.  It's the only place in the back yard that gets good sun. Now if the rain would let up enough I could get outside and get these beds planted!


Yes, that's a bulldozer next to my potato sacks.  Didn't I mention I have three boys?

Here's hoping the weatherman is right and I'll be able to finish my job of putting rocks around the beds to cut down on the weeds this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment