Thursday, April 19, 2012

Dry Run

Thing 1 is growing up too fast for me.  Way to fast for me.  In a few short weeks he will officially be a teenager which makes this Mama's heart race and hair turn even more grey than it already is!  The thought of raising a teenager is not something I have been looking forward to in my career as a parent.  I can handle the baby, toddler, child, tween ages, but a teenager?  I'm having my doubts as a parent in this arena.

This coming weekend he is camping with his Boy Scout troop without one of us going with him.  Camping with his troop without a parent is not something new.  He has been on many camping trips without us but has always slept in cabins. 

This is the first time tent camping without a parent so we did a dry run in the yard last night. 


He put the tent up completely on his own...


Set up the cot on his own...


Then tore it all down on his own. 

I think he's ready.  I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment