Sunday, April 22, 2012

Another Quilt Day

Every time I see Quilt Day on my calendar I get a little excited.  A day dedicated to quilting, conversations with my bestie and no kids.  Days like this don't always work out as you picture them in your mind.  In an effort to let hubby work in the garden building me those beautiful planter boxes, we did quilting day at my house again.  We were able to get a bit of quilting done but the conversations aren't the same with little ears listening in.  Then there's always the inturruptions.  Someone needs a drink, or a snack, or asking where their favorite toy is, or a diaper, or wants to play outside.  It's the challenge of a parent to balance the daily requests and squeezing a little time in for yourself in the cracks.

My bestie finished up this stunning baby quilt for a friend of hers that is expecting their first child.  As most quilters can appreciate, she finished it a day before the baby shower.  Just in the nick of time.



I just love the little bunnies in the open spaces, don't you?



I managed to finish the quilting on this star lap quilt I'm working on for a special friend of mine.  Hopefully I'll be able to squeeze some time in the cracks of motherhood this weekend to get the binding on. 

No comments:

Post a Comment