Monday, July 22, 2013

Ninja!!!



Sometimes you get to make a project that is just fun.  Okay, so this is "fun"ctional.  Thing 3 loves to carry around his Lego mini's and needed something to carry them around in.  Honestly, I was tired of stepping on them and finding random dudes in my purse, so I decided to make him a little carry case.
 
Online coloring pages have become my absolute favorite source for embroidery patterns.  You can find just about anything you want to stitch for kids.  I found this coloring sheet for Ninjago to use for the top of the box.  The pattern for this box can be found at Sew Sweetness.  I love the embroidery on the original design as well but let's face it.  That wasn't going to work for this project.  The dividers were a bit cumbersome to place inside the case once constructed.  If I was to do this case again, I would measure out the inside of the case first and adjust the dividers to fit.
 
The Lego mini's now have a home!  Now if I can just get him to actually use it, that would be the true victory.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment