Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Big Boy Room

Amidst all the cars, sea of Legos, video games, Boy Scouts, Cub Scouts, soccer, karate, laser tag, did I mention video games?, just sometimes I'm able to do something with my boys that actually interests me as well as the boys.  A few summers ago I was working on a project and Thing 1 said he wanted to sew something.  Of course, that prompted Thing 2 to want to participate as well.  I proposed they help make a quilt for Thing 3.  It look well over a year, but the boys stitched all these car blocks and road sign blocks for their baby brother.  I handled the piecing and quilting but what a special project to work on with the boys and to have for the youngest of the family.  Of course, this called for a room makeover, converting Thing 3's room from a little boy room to a bigger boy room.  The finished piece is now proudly hanging on his wall.
 

Tow Mater and Lightning McQueen cross stitch projects hang over the new dresser.
This adorable kid table has been passed around the family quite a bit.  It was in my hubby's room when he was young, I believe it spent some time in storage to then be dug out for my nephew's room.  It has now made it to Thing 3's room and looks so cute!
The Transportation quilt on the bed was originally made for Thing 1 when his nursery was converted.  We worked on each block together, him deciding which car or truck block we would make next and what color it should be.  It has spent time on the beds of all three boys now.
The name letters were super simple to put together.  A little bit of paint, some striped scrapbook paper and a few top coats and voila!
A special little corner for reading and a few toys.
Thing 3 loves his new room!  I wonder how long the Car theme will last before it needs another update.

No comments:

Post a Comment