Thursday, August 9, 2012

Travel Bag

When we decided to take a family trip this summer I started giving much thought to the logistics of course.  I'm a planner and list maker.  The logistics of traveling with 5 boys and 4 adults was the first thing that needed my attention.  How to pack for 3 boys ages 13, 8, 3 plus two adults was at the top of my list. 

Since we were flying I needed to figure out how to consolidate items and pack only the necessities. One of the easiest to combine was my purse and the all important diaper/snack bag.  After perusing the closet of bags I realized all the backpacks were, well, manly.  Most of them are logo'd bags from work so they are designed primarily for men and to hold a laptop.  All the other bags were tote bag style.  Anyone that has traveled with a three year old boy will know, you absolutely must have both hands free.  Not one hand free and the other trying to hold your tote from swinging and hitting your kid in the head. 

What's a designer to do?  Make your own cute backpack of course!



I found this lovely pattern for the backpack.  I did add the side water bottle pockets for mine that a drafted.  There must be a spot for the sippy cup after all.


I made this matching clutch for my wallet and lipgloss. 

Cute and functional.  Win win!

No comments:

Post a Comment