Sunday, May 6, 2012

Cub Scout Hike

Our Cub Scout pack organized a pack hike this past weekend at a local park.  I haven't been to this park before so I didn't know what to expect.  Thing 2 was just coming back from being sick all week so I didn't know exactly how he was going to do on a two mile hike.  The poor thing had a fever all last week that finally broke Thursday night.  By Saturday morning he was back to his normal self but with a bad cough.  It was one mile downhill to the beach and one mile back up.  Going to the beach was just fine but going back he had a tough time.  Granted, it was a steep incline so I was huffin' and puffin' but Thing 2 lost his mojo on the way back.  I wore my FitBit and it tracked just over 10,000 steps and the incline counted as 46 flights of stairs!  Whew!  My body had a little fun pointing out that I'm not in the best shape the next day.


The boys had a great time playing on the beach, finding shells, throwing rocks in the water, just being boys. 



The trains run right along this beach so the trail actually runs underneath the tracks.  They had fun standing in the tunnel as the train roared over their heads. 


This was a hike to be repeated with the whole family next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment